FC Astana and Irtysh Pavlodar win again, Kairat Almaty become biggest chasers, Zhetysu Taldykorgan impress with their rise up the table, Shakhter Karagandy snap their recent drought.
• "We changed our model and aimed a most possible discipline in defence. We had some mistakes but nevertheless were close to achieve a positive result against high quality opponents who played in the Champions League group round last year and then became even stronger thanks to number of reinforcements. But what we created up front was next to nothing and that was the only thing that has upset us," Aktobe boss Yuri Utkulbayev admitted.
• Kairat Almaty came from behind twice to beat stubborn Akzhayik Oral side 3-2 at the Central Stadium in Southern capital. In a thrilling encounter, it was Ruslan Valiullin who opened the scoring, his header seeing Kairat goalkeeper Andrey Sidelnikov caught out of position to give Uralsk side an early lead. It was short-lived however as Bauyrzhan Islamkhan equalised from the penalty on 16 minutes after Andrey Arshavin was fouled in the box. Akzhayik were in front again, Oleg Hromţov getting on a scoreboard in the 31st minute following Sidelnikov's poor clearance from long-range free-kick. Therefore, Kairat look to set for another dissapointing result against Talgat Baisufinov's side (Akzhayik have won at home in March) but managed to overcame the deficit and find a winning touch in the dying moments. Gerard Gohou tapped in a rebound off the post to level the game before Léandre Tawamba converted Arshavin's through pass in spectacular fashion with his fantastic backheel flick from the edge of the area.
• After this inspiring comeback, Kairat maintained third place in the table, gaining a two-point gap on Okzhetpes Kokshetau and moving three points above Ordabasy Shymkent. Meanwhile, second-bottom Akzhayik, despite their heroics, extended their winless stretch to nine outings.
• League top scorer Roman Murtazayev proved his talent again, striking against FC Atyrau to earn Irtysh Pavlodar a valuable 1-0 away win. With his powerful 50th-minute free kick, Murtazayev marked his eighth goal of the season as Irtysh returned to winning ways to keep a seven-point gap over Kairat.
• Ordabasy Shymkent surprisingly ended up 1-0 losers against Zhetysu Taldykorgan in what was their first goalless home game this term. Dušan Savić placed the ball into an empty net for his sixth goal in the 2016 KPL after being set up by Serik Sagyndykov as the third victory in a row lifted Zhetysu to seventh.
• At the Astana Arena, relegation-threatened FC Taraz held fourth-placed Okzhetpes Kokshetau to a 0-0 draw to move within one point of Akzhayik. Taraz's freshly-appointed manager Yuri Maksymov is unbeaten in two matches at the helm of the Jambyl men.
• Maksat Baizhanov struck from close range three minutes before the interval to hand Shakhter Karagandy a narrow 1-0 win over Tobol Kostanay. The Pitmen ended their three-game losing streak to climb five points above the drop and equalling on points with Tobol who continue to struggle.
Gameweek 13 details
Shakhter Karagandy v Tobol Kostanay 1-0 (1-0)
29/05/2016, Shakhter Stadium (Karaganda). Att: 1,000. Ref: Izmailov (Taldykorgan).
Shakhter: Baginsky, Sadownichy, Kurylov, Tarasov, Pikalkin, Szöke, Nurybekov (Finonchenko 64), Gabyshev, Yermekov (Skorykh 74), Baizhanov, Ubbink (Zeneli 84). HC: Jozef Vukušič.
Tobol: Petukhov, Deac, Miroshnichenko, Kassaï, Simkovic, Žulpa, Yavorskyi, Kurgulin, Zhumaskaliyev (Dosmagambetov 73), Mukhutdinov (Khizhnichenko 59), Dudchenko. HC: Oleg Lotov.
Goals: 1-0 Baizhanov (42).
YC: Ubbink (17), Zhumaskaliyev (35), Tarasov (81), Kurgulin (85), Baginsky (88).
Ordabasy Shymkent v Zhetysu Taldykorgan 0-1 (0-1)
29/05/2016, Kazhymukan Munaitpasov Stadium (Shymkent). Att: 4,000. Ref: Alyoshin (Pavlodar).
Ordabasy: Boichenko, Trajković, Abdulin, Diakhate, Chatto (Beisenov 66), Suyumbayev, Simčević (Tolebek 52), Nurgaliyev, Tungyshbayev, Kozhabayev, Kasalica (Trifunović 58). HC: Bakhtiyar Baiseitov.
Zhetysu: Pasechenko, Kadio, Djalović, Klein, Mojsov (Kharun-Zade 90+2), Savić, Simonovski (Kalinin 55), Sagyndykov (Azovsky 72), Amirseitov, Shabayev, Turysbek. HC: Almas Kulshinbayev.
Goals: 0-1 Savić (11).
YC: Suyumbayev (38), Sagyndykov (34), Amirseitov (43), Diakhate (44), Djalović (44), Tungyshbayev (84).
Kairat Almaty v Akzhayik Oral 3-2 (1-2)
29/05/2016, Centrak Stadium (Almaty). Att: 8,000. Ref: Atazhanov (Shymkent).
Kairat: Sidelnikov (Plotnikov 40), Kuantayev, Marković, Rudoselsky, Lunin, Bakayev, Kuat (Tawamba 70), Arshavin (Li 90+2), Islamkhan, Isael, Gohou. HC: Kakhaber Tskhadadze (GEO).
Akzhayik: Bagautdinov, Kolunija, Coronel, Nikolić, Hromţov (Maltsev 69), Antipov (Sergiyenko 49), Valiullin (Begalin 66), Omarov, Sapanov, Shevtsov, Shurygin. HC: Talgat Baisufinov.
Goals: 0-1 Valiullin (3), 1-1 Islamkhan (16 – pen), 1-2 Hromţov (31), 2-2 Gohou (89), 3-2 Tawamba (90+2).
YC: Hromţov (22), Omarov (36), Shurygin (37), Kuat (55), Bagautdinov (81), Maltsev (85).
Okzhetpes Kokshetau v FC Taraz 0-0 (0-0)
29/05/2016, Astana Arena (Astana). Att: 1,500. Ref: Kholmatov (Kyzylorda).
Okzhetpes: Stamenković, Chertov, Chyzhov, Nane, Nganbe, Ristović (Yurin 58), Kuksin, Mangutkin, Khairullin, Moldakarayev, Buleshev (Alkhazov 74). HC: Vladimir Mukhanov (RUS).
Taraz: Grigorenko, Mera, Danilyuk, Mané, Vorotnikov, Bayaliyev (Aitbayev 75), V.Yevstigneyev, Taubay, Suley, Baitana (Shakhmetov 46), Nuraly (Nedashkovsky 59). HC: Yuri Maksymov (UKR).
YC: Baitana (28), Chertov (40), Nedashkovsky (81), Taubay (90).
RC: Chertov (85 – 2nd YC).
FC Atyrau v Irtysh Pavlodar 0-1 (0-0)
29/05/2016, Munaishy Sports Complex (Atyrau). Att: 3,000. Ref: Chesnokov (Ust-Kamenogorsk).
Atyrau: Narzikulov, Damčevski (Makas 61), Lamanje, Essame, Arzhanov, Trytko, Baltayev (Kuzmin 37), Esatov, Konysbayev, Korobkin, Saparov (Curtean 46). HC: Yuri Konkov.
Irtysh: Loriya, Jirsák (Geteriyev 67), Malyi, Freidgeimas, Kerla, Aliyev, Yesimov, Fonseca (Herrera 84), Murtazayev (Sartakov 90+2), Jallow, Fall. HC: Dimitar Dimitrov (BUL).
Goals: 0-1 Murtazayev (50).
YC: Korobkin (15), Fonseca (40), Murtazayev (44), Aliyev (45), Fall (71), Loriya (90+1).
FC Aktobe v FC Astana 0-1 (0-0)
29/05/2016, Central Stadium (Aktobe). Att: 8,000. Ref: Aliyev (Almaty).
Aktobe: Otarbayev (Pavlov 85), Kouadja, Sorokin, Tsveiba, Sitdikov, Bocharov (Zhangylyshbay 80), Azovsky, Kryukov, Smakov, Shestakov, Aimbetov (Zhalmukan 7). HC: Yuri Utkulbayev (RUS).
Astana: Erić, Postnikov, Logvinenko, Aničić, Shomko, Cañas, Maksimović, Muzhikov, Nuserbayev (Tagybergen 82), Haruna (Abdurahimi 71), Despotović (Schyotkin 86). HC: Stanimir Stoilov (BUL).
Goals: 0-1 Maksimović (83).
YC: Bocharov (22), Postnikov (38), Schyotkin (89).
June 4 - FC Taraz v FC Astana, ZhetysuTaldykorgan v FC Aktobe, Tobol Kostanay v Ordabasy Shymkent, Irtysh Pavlodar v Shakhter Karagandy, Kairat Almaty v FC Atyrau, Okzhetpes Kokshetau v Akzhayik