The second half of the KPL regular season starts with Astana extending their lead, Kairat Almaty scoring six and Zhetysu Taldykorgan and FC Atyrau confirming their recent improvements.
• Kairat manager Kakhaber Tskhadadze: "Of course, the players and supporters have a lot of positive emotions after games like this one. It is a littler bit worrying because everything went so easy. Let's hope we continue this way, with a lot of goals and plays. But I always insist: today's game should be forgotten, with all the thoughts about future."
• FC Astana are back on track, claiming a thrilling 3-1 home win over Ordabasy Shymkent to open a four-point gap at the top of the league. In the first 10 minutes, the sides exchanged goals as Marin Aničić put Astana in front with his headed rebound shot and Aleksandar Simčević restored the parity, toe-poking Tokhtar Zhangylyshbay's through ball. Ordabasy looked ambitious throughout but couldn't deny Stanimir Stoilov's men who retook the lead and then sealed the points. Roger Cañas sent into an empty net Serikzhan Muzhikov's cross in the 21st minute while Tanat Nuserbayev killed off the game with his 72nd-minute strike.
• Irtysh Pavlodar remain the second-best side in the KPL although their cushion on chasing pack reduced to some 'less comfortable' seven points after they were held to a 0-0 stalemate by visiting Akzhayik Oral. Both teams ended the game with ten men following dismissals of Akzhayik's Predrag Govedarica and Irtysh's Yeldos Akhmetov between 74th and 78th minute.
• Malick Mané struck against his former club to rescue a point for bottom side FC Taraz in a 2-2 draw at FC Aktobe. In an exciting encounter, it was Taraz who opened the scoring through Vitaly Yevstigneyev but their smiles didn't last long, with Samat Smakov converting a spot-kick and Didar Zhalmukan adding a second in a very short span before the interval. However, the Southerners who played their first match under new coach Yuri Maksymov equalised five minutes after the restart as Aktobe slipped to sixth place, despite going unbeaten in five matches.
• FC Atyrau, looking recovered after recent their managerial replacement, clinched a second win in a row, beating Tobol Kostanay 2-1 on the road. Aleksandar Damčevski gave the Oilers an early lead before Nurbol Zhumaskaliyev made it all square on 69 minutes. Tobol pushed forward only for Atyrau make the difference in a counterattack, their substitute Aleksandr Makas netting a winner with seven minutes remaining.
• Elsewhere, Zhetysu Taldykorgan defeated Shakhter Karagandy 2-0 thanks to second-half goals from Dusan Savić and Ilya Kalinin. The Pitmen had the chance to reduce arrears with Erfan Zeneli taking a penalty in the 72nd minute but Andrey Pasechenko denied the Finnish player to defend Zhetysu's advantage.
Gameweek 12 details
FC Astana v Ordabasy Shymkent 3-1 (2-1)
21/05/2016, Astana Arena (Astana). Att: 1,700. Ref: Duzmambetov (Ust-Kamenogorsk).
Astana: Eric, Postnikov, Aničić, Logvinenko, Shomko, Cañas, Maksimović, Twumasi (Beisebekov 88), Nuserbayev, Muzhikov (Haruna 86), Despotović (Tagybergen 76). HC: Stanimir Stoilov (BUL).
Ordabasy: Bekbayev, Adyrbekov, Trajković, Abdulin, Suyumbayev, Diakhate, Chatto (Beisenov 77), Simčević, Tungyshbayev (Tolebek 77), Nurgaliyev, Kasalica (Junuzović 75). HC: Bakhtiyar Baiseitov.
Goals: 1-0 Aničić (7), 1-1 Simčević (10), 2-1 Cañas (21), 3-1 Nuserbayev (72).
YC: Suyumbayev (6), Tagybergen (90).
Tobol Kostanay v FC Atyrau 1-2 (0-1)
21/05/2016, Central Stadium (Kostanay). Att: 2,500. Ref: Abdullayev (Karatau).
Tobol: Petukhov, Miroshnichenko, Kassaï, Yavorskyi, Glavina (Kurgulin 68), Žulpa, Mukhutdinov, Deac, Zhumaskaliyev, Simkovic, Khizhnichenko (Dudchenko 68). HC: Oleg Lotov.
Atyrau: Narzikulov, Esatov, Lamanje, Baltayev, Damčevski, Essame, Saparov (Kuzmin 72), Arzhanov, Curtean, Konysbayev (Korobkin 46), Trytko (Makas 63). HC: Yuri Konkov.
Goals: 0-1 Damčevski (9), 1-1 Zhumaskaliyev (69), 1-2 Makas (83).
YC: Trytko (61), Esatov (68), Mukhutdinov (90).
Zhetysu Taldykorgan v Shakhter Karagandy 2-0 (0-0)
21/05/2016, Zhetysu Stadium (Taldykorgan). Att: 2,300. Ref: Gauzer (Petropavlovsk).
Zhetysu: Pasechenko, Amirseitov, Kadio, Klein, Shabayev, Sagyndykov, Mojsov (Kalinin 60), Djalović, Savić, Turysbek (Mynbayev 90+2), Simonovski (Adilkhanov 90+2). HC: Almas Kulshinbayev.
Shakhter: Baginsky, Yermekov, Sadownichy, Tarasov, Pikalkin, Szöke, Skorykh (Vasiliev 68), Ubbink, Baizhanov, Zeneli (Omirtayev 77), Tattybayev (Yaghoubi 60). HC: Jozef Vukušič (SVK).
Goals: 1-0 Savić (57), 2-0 Kalinin (64).
PM: Zeneli (71 – saved)
YC: Pikalkin (45), Sagyndykov (45+1), Yaghoubi (84), Turysbek (84).
Kairat Almaty v Okzhetpes Kokshetau 6-0 (1-0)
21/05/2016, Central Stadium (Almaty). Att: 6,500. Ref: Tevyashov (Uralsk).
Kairat: Plotnikov, Kuantayev, Rudoselsky, Marković, Tesák, Kuat (Lunin 73), Bakayev, Isael (Li 83), Islamkhan, Arshavin (Darabayev 57), Gohou. HC: Kakhaber Tskhadadze (GEO).
Okzhetpes: Stamenković, Kuksin, Chertov, Chyzhov (Moldakarayev 59), Chichulin, Mangutkin, Volkov, Nane (Ristović 70), Khairullin (Nganbe 59), Yurin, Buleshev. HC: Vladimir Mukhanov (RUS).
Goals: 1-0 Arshavin (28), 2-0 Arshavin (52), 3-0 Islamkhan (54), 4-0 Islamkhan (68 – pen), 5-0 Gohou (82), 6-0 Gohou (85).
YC: Marković (21), Arshavin (33), Islamkhan (41), Stamenković (67), Yurin (76), Kuksin (80).
Irtysh Pavlodar v Akzhayik Oral 0-0 (0-0)
21/05/2016, Central Stadium (Pavlodar). Att: 5,000. Ref: Sakhi (Kyzylorda).
Irtysh: Loriya, Yesimov, Freidgeimas, Kerla, Akhmetov, Aliyev, Jirsák, Fonseca, Gogua (Fall 68), Murtazayev (Vomenko 86), Jallow (Herrera 82). HC: Dimitar Dimitrov (BUL).
Akzhayik: Bagautdinov, Tapalov (Khairov 83), Sapanov, Govedarica, Omarov, Coronel, Shurygin, Shevtsov, Sergiyenko (Maltsev 58), Valiullin, Begalin (Hromţov 77). HC: Talgat Baisufinov.
YC: Shurygin (12), Govedarica (44), Fall (70), Bagautdinov (87).
RC: Govedarica (74 – 2nd YC), Akhmetov (78).
FC Aktobe v FC Taraz 2-2 (2-1)
21/05/2016, Central Stadium (Aktobe). Att: 5,000. Ref: Chesnokov (Ust-Kamenorsk).
Aktobe: Otarbayev, Kryukov, Kouadja, Sorokin, Sitdikov, Petrolay, Smakov (Tleshev 79), Kakimov (Shestakov 63), Davlatov (Tsveiba 53), Zhalmukan, Mikhalyov. HC: Yuri Utkulbayev (RUS).
Taraz: Grigorenko, Nuraly, Mera, Vorotnikov, Bayaliyev (Karpyk 46), V.Yevstigneyev, Baitana, Taubay (Karaman 70), Danilyuk (Aitbayev 90+3), Mané, Suley. HC: Yuri Maksymov (UKR).
Goals: 0-1 V.Yevstigneyev (38), 1-1 Smakov (44 – pen), 2-1 Zhalmukan (45+1), 2-2 Mané (50).
YC: Mera (5), V.Yevstigneyev (30), Grigorenko (42), Tsveiba (57), Tleshev (90+4), Baitana (90+6).
May 29 - Okzhetpes Kokshetau v FC Taraz, Shakhter Karagandy v Tobol Kostanay, Ordabasy Shymkent v Zhetysu Taldykorgan, Kairat Almaty v Akzhayik Oral, FC Atyrau v Irtysh Pavlodar, FC Aktobe v FC Astana.